Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My family does NOT believe in science!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

My family does NOT believe in science! Empty
PostSubject: My family does NOT believe in science!   My family does NOT believe in science! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:14 pm

On my soapbox guys because im getting fed up with BS from people saying they do not believe in science and my arguments fall on deaf ears.

So I call upon the fine word of Richard Dawkins from his fantastic book 'River Out of Eden'to shut these hypocrites up.

When you encounter one and you will soon enough, please use this quote against them!

Show me a cultural relativist at 30,000 feet and I'll show you a hypocrite! Airplanes built according to scientific principles work. Airplanes built to tribal or mythological specifications, such as the dummy planes of cargo cults in jungle clearings or the beeswaxed wings of icarus, Don't!

You always get some smart alec that hasn't been on a plane so you may need to adapt it a little to suit, but you get the basic premise.

By the way the subject quote and idea comes from the book:
RICHARD DAWKINS - How a scientist changed the way we think'
Alan Grafen & Mark Ridley.

Cheers guys,

Den.
Back to top Go down

My family does NOT believe in science!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Undercover Sceptic :: Scepticism :: Science-
Jump to: