Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does plantlife have a consciousness

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sparky1892
Jnr Member
sparky1892

Male Number of posts : 8
Job/hobbies : Tai Chi, Chi Kung, Meditation (open to suggestions)
Humor : Have a canny good sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Does plantlife have a consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Does plantlife have a consciousness   Does plantlife have a consciousness Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:02 pm

I wasnt sure where I should be posting this question, so decided to post it in here.

I have always wondered weather plants have a consciousness, like when we cut them down, do they feel pain, are they aware of what is happening, yet cannot do anything to stop it.

I know it's a bit of a weird question.lol, have a think and tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Does plantlife have a consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does plantlife have a consciousness   Does plantlife have a consciousness Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:51 pm

We love weird questions, thats what this forum is all about mate.

This is commonly known as the Backster effect, given that a Dr. Cleve Backster studied this phenomenon.

Now any plant biologist/physiologist worth his salt would clearly state plants do not have anything remotley considered a brain and therefore no consciousness.

Along came Dr. Backster D.Sc in complimentary medicine Rolling Eyes

whom gained access to California Institute for Human Science Graduate School and Research Center, (Unaccredited) Rolling Eyes

Whom then carried out the experiment without the use of basic scientific controls Rolling Eyes
(Maybe he didnt know because he wasn't a real qualified Doctor, Gillian McKeith anyone Twisted Evil ).

And his work proving that plant life does have consciousness and feels fear among other emotions was quite rightly refuted and quashed.

To cut a long story short, the answer is no, plant life do not have consciousness, but a worthy question and im sure if you ask the right alternative doctors Rolling Eyes
They will tell you otherwise.

Hope that helps,

Den.
Back to top Go down

Does plantlife have a consciousness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Undercover Sceptic :: Scepticism :: Science-
Jump to: