Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

recycling

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

recycling Empty
PostSubject: recycling   recycling Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 1:07 pm

More Bullsh*t than I can stomach.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7470662.stm

At the moment for some reason when I did put plastic bottles out, along with other recyclables, the kerb it team left the bottles, which then ended up in the general waste bin.

Secondly they neglect to tell you by the time they pay staff, ship all the bottles to far off destinations etc, it costs more energy to recycle than it saves Mad

Regards,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Clubb
Snr Member
Jamie Clubb

Male Number of posts : 296
Job/hobbies : Coach/Writer
Humor : Groucho Marx, Tony Hancock, Bill Cosby, Billy Connolly, Paul Merton, Ricky Gervais
Registration date : 2008-06-20

recycling Empty
PostSubject: Re: recycling   recycling Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:00 pm

The thing that gets me is when a newspaper will preach on about recycling at the same time as giving out a free DVD and therefore contributing to our deposable society. There is little denying that nothing is built to last these days and this has come about SINCE being green was made "cool". I was a child of the '80s and a teenager of the '90s. Recycling is definitley nothing new and has been "trendy" for quite some time, so why then did everything become desposable between the beginning of the "caring" (see sentimental) '90s and today? It has got to be one of the most glaring examples of hypocracy out there.

We even had a Conservation class at our school and I will never forget the look on my teacher's face when I told her it would be impossible for me to carry out the recycling tasks back home. I couldn't make compost out of the vegetable peelings and leftover because we fed them to the animals we owned. I couldn't return all the plastic bottles and tubs on a regular basis because my mother had always re-used them like we were living in the 1940s. I grew up on a circus and that was just the circus mentality. Nothing went to waste. We were green before the middleclass superfically pious brigade started preaching to us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubbchimera.com

recycling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Undercover Sceptic :: Scepticism :: Science-
Jump to: