Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Videos of what you do!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tim

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Videos of what you do! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Videos of what you do!   Videos of what you do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:47 pm

I'd say there was alright. Good Muay Thai is great to watch.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Videos of what you do!   Videos of what you do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:55 pm

That was my first time ever seeing a MT fight. The atmosphere was electric. There were two girls fighting also, they were every bit as brutal as the men.

I've so much respect for guys that get into a ring and take that type of pounding.

I really liked the MT ritual before the fight - very cool indeed. Made me want to get back into it. I was training with Paddy for a while, but he moved out to walkinstown which is too far from me. Sad

Tim, do you get scared before you enter the ring, and if so how do you cope with it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com
tim

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Videos of what you do!   Videos of what you do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:05 pm

I don’t get scared to be honest, but I do get quiet nervous. I suppose the fact that I competed for years in TKD and kickboxing means that I am used to the idea of competing so MMA was nothing new in that sense. Pre-fight rituals and all that don’t really change that much.
The actual thought of getting in and fighting isn’t really scary to me, although I can why it would be probably to most. I don’t mean this in an ‘I’m a hard man’ sort of way, but I guess the fact is that if you do something regularly enough it becomes normal. Another thing is, that for the most part, the chances of serious injury in a MMA fight are small enough (although not insignificant), plus in a lot of fights you end up not taking a lot of abuse. In my last two fights I’ve come out without a scratch.
That’s how I rationalise it anyway! But there is no doubt that the show thing, the weighins, the waiting, the fight itself is quite stressful. The dressing rooms beforehand are a tense place to be for the most part.

That said, I'd imagine I'd be a whole lot more stressed if I was getting into a Thai boxing ring and not a MMA cage! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Videos of what you do!   Videos of what you do! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Videos of what you do!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Undercover Sceptic :: Scepticism :: Martial arts-
Jump to: