Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can Quartz Crystals heal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sparky1892
Jnr Member
sparky1892

Male Number of posts : 8
Job/hobbies : Tai Chi, Chi Kung, Meditation (open to suggestions)
Humor : Have a canny good sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Can Quartz Crystals heal Empty
PostSubject: Can Quartz Crystals heal   Can Quartz Crystals heal Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 8:38 pm

Hi

Does any one on here know much about Quartz crystals? I was talking to a friend of mine a few weeks back and he was talking about how they can heal you, as they help ballance your chakras (do they even exist) etc.

I dont know if this is true, I have an open mind about this kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Can Quartz Crystals heal   Can Quartz Crystals heal Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:23 pm

There is no scientific evidence that crystals are conduits of magical energies useful for healing ,

as for chakras,

The alleged energy of the chakras is not scientifically measurable, though some have tried to connect the chakras with physical organs such as the pineal gland and the thymus.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Den.
Back to top Go down
sparky1892
Jnr Member
sparky1892

PostSubject: Re: Can Quartz Crystals heal   Can Quartz Crystals heal Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 4:25 pm

He also mentioned about how they do something with watches to tell the time, he said that it does a similar sort of thing with the chakras.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.

PostSubject: Re: Can Quartz Crystals heal   Can Quartz Crystals heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi there,

As Den said there is no proper evidence to back these medical claims up.

You'll probably often here people saying that alternative therapies work. Again, the problem is our good old friend "anecdotal evidence". There could be a myriad of reasons why someone thought that there therapy worked. Ranging from anything to a placebo, or just the illness passes away naturally (ie - the body heals itself).

Cheers,

Rob.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com
sparky1892
Jnr Member
sparky1892

PostSubject: Re: Can Quartz Crystals heal   Can Quartz Crystals heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:10 pm

Do you not think that there is something out there, that Science has not quite been able to pick up on yet?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Can Quartz Crystals heal   Can Quartz Crystals heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:52 pm

Regarding the crystals? I don't think so to be honest...

R.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Can Quartz Crystals heal   Can Quartz Crystals heal Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:06 pm

One thing that gets me wondering about this so called "healing energy". Let us say there is some kind of mystical energy that exists for a moment, and that people or crystals can actually project it.

How could one even control or focus it? How much energy should be given to each person? What type of energy is it?? How could this energy even heal the body?? Why would it heal the body?? - it's just energy!

Even if this "energy" existed, none of these spiritual healers would really know how to test it scientifically (yet alone proof it actually exists). We know how much medication is given to the human body in order to maximize its effect. Too much or too little could be detrimental. How do we know this? through medical trials and years of research.

Oh, I forgot to say... there IS NO PROOF that this type of ENERGY even exists. I was just having a wee thought experiment to myself. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Quartz Crystals heal   Can Quartz Crystals heal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Quartz Crystals heal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Undercover Sceptic :: Scepticism :: Scepticality-
Jump to: