Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello again from an Irish Skeptic.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Hello again from an Irish Skeptic. Empty
PostSubject: Hello again from an Irish Skeptic.   Hello again from an Irish Skeptic. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 1:28 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Rob Pepper, I'm a graphic designer by trade. I live in Co. Kildare (Ireland), which is about 40 miles from Dublin city. You'll probably know me from the new excellent self-defence forum, as one of Lee Morrison's new UC instructors. Thanks to Lee's guidance I've started teaching Combatives and self-protection to a small group of guys in Newbridge. Through my Combatives training, I've also become very interested in NLP, and look forward to exploring that whole area.

I've been into skepticism and critical thinking for a while now, and try to stick to its principals in all areas of my life. I try to use it as a positive influence, and see it as a great way of improving my learning and knowledge.

Looking forward to chatting with some fellow skeptics.

Cheers,

Rob.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello again from an Irish Skeptic.   Hello again from an Irish Skeptic. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi Rob,

excellent to have another member on here, especially a person that applies the principles of critical thought to all areas of their life.

I hope you enjoy the site and look forward to reading some interesting posts from you.

Maybe you wold like to share with the forum exactly what NLP is through a sceptics lens?

Wishing you success in your endeavours,

regards,

Den.

Last edited by dennis_thompson on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello again from an Irish Skeptic.   Hello again from an Irish Skeptic. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 2:02 pm

Hey Den,

Well I try to anyway. Smile

Guys like Brian Donning and Steven Novella have really put things into perspective for me (from a psychological point of view). These guys really know how to critically analyze stuff in a way I never could. (skeptics guide to the universe and Skeptoid)

One thing I should have mentioned re. NLP, I'm really only scratching the surface and at a beginner stage. So I don't think I'd be able to do it justice at the moment. I'll get back to you with that one if it's okay? Smile

Thanks for the welcome,

R.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello again from an Irish Skeptic.   Hello again from an Irish Skeptic. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello again from an Irish Skeptic.
Page 1 of 1