Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

alternative skeptic?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

alternative skeptic? Empty
PostSubject: alternative skeptic?   alternative skeptic? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 2:49 am

Should a skeptic run a new age shop?

Do you feel it would be right for a scientific skeptic, who knew that new age goods did not actually work, to cash in on the growing number of believers in new age products?

I was thinking maybe setting up an online shop selling healing crystals, potions etc. Its unregulated and anyone can jump the band wagon so why not us skeptics?

Opinions please!

Regards,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

alternative skeptic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: alternative skeptic?   alternative skeptic? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:12 pm

Yes, lets make lots of money from "Joe public". Twisted Evil

I'll start selling lumps of genuine "Irish healing soil". Which will restore your "balance" and other lovely abstract things like that.

While, I can't claim anything medical per se (as I'm not a medical practitioner) I can say lovely things like, "works in harmony with your body!" or "helps return your body, to it's natural state", etc.

Basically, I'll start making claims that mean nothing but sound great - just by using technobabble... Smile

What a great way to market stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com

alternative skeptic?
Page 1 of 1