Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

area 51

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

area 51 Empty
PostSubject: area 51   area 51 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:30 am

Does Area 51 exist and if so do they really store aliens there?

Regards,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

area 51 Empty
PostSubject: Re: area 51   area 51 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 3:30 am

Oh man... that's a big question.

I'll have a crack at it tomorrow. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

area 51 Empty
PostSubject: Re: area 51   area 51 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:54 pm

I guess you could say the short answer is, yes Area 51 exists, but there are no aliens kept there.

Some years ago Area 51, also known as "Dream Land" was acknowledged to exist (2003), because of certain laws suits that were brought regarding some of it's workers where suffered from a form of toxic poisoning, while apparently trying to dispose of certain chemicals through incineration on the site. However, that was virtually all they admitted to (its existence) because of "National Security" concerns.

However, before all this, people have well known of its existence. UFO nuts have been scouring the area for years thanks to Roswell. Area 51's borders are well policed by a private security firm, as well as having signs that authorize "lethal force" for any trespassers. Also, there are some photographs of the base taken before they increased its airspace. Another well known fact is that some of the "commuters" are flown into the base from flights originating from McCarren International Airport (las Vegas). There are also shuttle bus services that are used to facilitate other employees that live in nearby compounds and other adjacent areas.

Groom lake differs form a normal airbase, besides its top secrets status it does not have "front line" units deployed there. It is said to be more concerned with "black projects", testing, training aircraft, etc, . It has also allegedly been used for reverse engineering, but not alien space craft as everyone often speculates. But captured, (or obtained by other means) - Soviet Aircraft. During WW II Groom Lake was used for testing ordinance, from bombing (including atomic testing) to artillery. In 1955 G.L. was selected by Lockheed (Skunk works) for the U2 spy plane program. Other Projects included the "Black Bird" High altitude reconnaissance plane that could fly at Mach 3. Due to the Black Birds massive flights needs Area 51 needed to be expanded. Stealth technology was first tested at G.L. With Lockheed's "Have Blue" aircraft, a forefather of the F-117 (stealth Night Hawk). Other projects that are allegedly been worked on is the "Aurora" project - a suborbital aircraft that can reach unbelievable speed. Also the creation of new and more advanced UAV's.

Area 51 is believed to house many alien space craft and aliens. The secrecy and security of the base only adds fuel to the conspiracy fire. It is constantly visited by UFO whackos and or curios individuals. However, the evidence that aliens are there is very flimsy indeed. Virtually all of it is anecdotal evidence, which can't be taken seriously with no hard evidence to back it up. Of course there are many ex-employees who claim to have seen alien technology, spacecrafts and even alien bodies. Most of these people have been debunked with relative ease. People like the infamous "Bob Lazar" who claimed to be an employee who was working on (or should I say reveres engineering) the saucers "gravity drive".Well, it didn't take long for people to find out that Lazar had lied about his his college background. When questioned, he couldn't even name one of his lecturers. Eventually good old Bob started to claim that the government were after deleting his personal history. However, this again was easily debunked when he did not even appear in the college year books. Other employees have even claimed to have conversations (telepathically mind you) with the alien entity known as "J-Rod". Who apparently has freedom of the base, and assists the engineers and scientist in all things alien. Actually, tell a lie, J-Rod apparently died a few year back. Pictures had been seen of him, however these were quickly proven to be fakes.

But what about the other sources? such as video evidence. Well, there appears to be much of that around. However, they are nearly all at night and all that is shown is some kind of "orb" in the night sky, with no frame of reference - So they could be anything, including hoaxes. I'm sure some of the video evidence is real, but I suspect it's of "terrestrial" origin. After all, they do test secret black projects there and nearly always at night.

When we see these Documentaries, and hear stories about Area 51. Are we really getting critical analysis of what really goes on there? I fear not... We just don't have access to the information with the lock down for national security purposes. Which I believe makes perfect sense, after all, do you really want your competitors (or enemies) to know what you're working on, or even capable of? There has been many many employees over the year at the base, in all honesty, if there was any evidence of "alien" craft, I would think someone would have smuggled something out - no matter how small. A secret that big could not be kept by so many people since 1947.

Because there are knowledge gaps - uncritical people tend to "fill in" the blanks with whatever bizarre stories they want, and need to believe in.

What sells more than a secret military Airbase in Nevada? A secret military airbase which houses aliens, and alien space craft.

sigh.....

Last edited by Rob Pepper on Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

area 51 Empty
PostSubject: Re: area 51   area 51 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Thanks Rob,

as always articulate and enlightening on a subject shrouded by mystery,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

area 51 Empty
PostSubject: Re: area 51   area 51 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:11 pm

No worries....

Just made a few corrections to it... I have to be careful as I'm dyslexic, and make bizarre grammatical errors at times.

R.
Back to top Go down
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

area 51 Empty
PostSubject: Re: area 51   area 51 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:14 pm

I dont particularly take notice of grammatical errors if the content is concise and to the point, which it was, and you certainly write more gramatically than most people leaving the education system nowadays.

Keep passing the knowledge on Rob, let the professors worry about the grammar,

regards,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

area 51 Empty
PostSubject: Re: area 51   area 51 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:17 pm

PS - One thing I forgot to mention.

A question that is often asked, "what to these people gain from exposing this UFO phenomenon to the world".

Well, I can't specify all the reasons. But some of these "UFO lecturers" get paid over a 1000 dollars just to make an appearance. Not to mention the fame, and big cash deals form writing books. That stuff sells like hot cakes - after all people love mysteries. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

area 51 Empty
PostSubject: Re: area 51   area 51 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:33 pm

dennis_thompson wrote:
Keep passing the knowledge on Rob, let the professors worry about the grammar

I'll try... Thanks Den. cheers

R.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

area 51 Empty
PostSubject: Re: area 51   area 51 Icon_minitime