Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Supersense

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BritAbroad
Jnr Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Supersense Empty
PostSubject: Supersense   Supersense Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:56 am

As a Brit abroad on the other side of the pond I thought I would bring to your attention the publication of a new book by a British Psychologist, Bruce M Hood. Called "Supersense" it outlines his theory of why humans believe unbelievable stuff and why we will ALWAYS believe in a lot of this stuff no matter how sceptical we are as a race. It is a fascinating book full of very funny and witty anecdotes. i really enjoyed it and it has had some great reviews. It is already out in the US and you can get it on Amazon but I think it will be published in the UK at the end of May. I am posting this because I think we should support as many rationalists as possible who are publishing books and encourage them to keep writing. There are so many books on ghosts, werewolves, vampires and past lives that we need a healthy in-put from bona fide scientists who have actually done the research and have the talent to write about it making it accessible to everyone including the non-scientist. This book does just that and I encourage all you British Sceptics out there to have a look at the reviews, the website and buy the book. Let's fight back against the glut of supernatural dross that's out there!! See the links for reviews etc.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20127011.800-review-supersense-by-bruce-m-hood.html

http://brucemhood.wordpress.com/about-supersense/

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Supersense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supersense   Supersense Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:56 pm

Welcome Britabroad and thanks for the link,

seems an interesting book and I support your comments.

Cheers,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Jamie Clubb
Snr Member
Jamie Clubb

Male Number of posts : 296
Job/hobbies : Coach/Writer
Humor : Groucho Marx, Tony Hancock, Bill Cosby, Billy Connolly, Paul Merton, Ricky Gervais
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Supersense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supersense   Supersense Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:48 pm

I missed this and posted my own link. I have the book now and it looks fascinating. Just got to discipline myself now not to get distracted and read it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubbchimera.com
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Supersense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supersense   Supersense Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Jamie,

I have borrowed about 6 books on the ancient military warfare, im constantly distracted by new interests im terrible for it Wink

Be sceptical,

Den
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Supersense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supersense   Supersense Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Supersense
Page 1 of 1