Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Should I study NLP?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
undercover sceptic
Admin

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Should I study NLP?   Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:52 pm

I draw your attention to a discussion opened on Neuro Linguistic Programming HERE! Especially to Craig G's post. Note the use of anecdotal evidence, case reports, the lack of knowledge as to what a 'placebo' actuay is and the 'Argument from Authority', as well as 'poisoning the well' to support his hypothesis that NLP works.

I did not argue on there as that forum is not tolerant of the back and forth of debate, however I have discussed these points at length on other forums and I strongly disagree with people paying well over one thousand pounds to become a 'master practitioner'. I find thesemasters make more money teaching people to become 'masters' than they get from actually helping people.

He neglects to mention he tried to cue my friend of a stammer of over 20 years duration. My friend still stammers and claims NLP is nothing but BS, and my friend is a firm true believer' in all things woo!

Regards,

Den

MY BLOG PAGE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
undercover sceptic
Admin

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Should I study NLP?   Thu May 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Lovely piece by Brian Dunning:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4155

Regards,

Den.

MY BLOG PAGE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jamie Clubb
Snr Member

Male Number of posts : 296
Job/hobbies : Coach/Writer
Humor : Groucho Marx, Tony Hancock, Bill Cosby, Billy Connolly, Paul Merton, Ricky Gervais
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Should I study NLP?   Fri May 29, 2009 6:19 pm

Yes, I heard this week. It is definitely an area I am considering to cover in my book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.clubbchimera.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I study NLP?   

Back to top Go down

Should I study NLP?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1