Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New blood super seminar - 7th december

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamie Clubb
Snr Member
Jamie Clubb

Male Number of posts : 296
Job/hobbies : Coach/Writer
Humor : Groucho Marx, Tony Hancock, Bill Cosby, Billy Connolly, Paul Merton, Ricky Gervais
Registration date : 2008-06-20

New blood super seminar - 7th december Empty
PostSubject: New blood super seminar - 7th december   New blood super seminar - 7th december Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:02 pm

New blood super seminar - 7th december 10

Young Blood seminar featuring John "Awesome" Anderson with Matty Evans, Alan Peasland with Mick Tully, Lee Morrison and Simon Squires. 10-3 on 7th December 2008. A day to remember and hopefully the beginning of similar seminars promoted by Urban Combatives!

Dynamics;
All seminar participants will be divided into four groups of approximate numbers between the four instructor groups. Each instructor will teach their respective group; for a duration of a 70 minute class, followed by a 15 minute break. From where each group will continue to rotate among the four instructors; with the said 15 minute break after each 70 minute class until all groups have had exposure and training time with all four instructors.

Cost & Venue;
The cost for seminar entry is £70 for the days training and includes an event T-shirt for each student or £55 without (please specify.) Entry fee will include refreshments and light snacks throughout the day. Entry is dependant on reserving a place before the seminar date along with specification of T-shirt size. Places are limited; so please try to secure your place before hand via a £20 deposit. This event will be held at St.Mary’s Leisure Centre, St.Mary’s road, Southampton, Hampshire from 10.30am to 4pm.

Please check www.urbancombatives.com for details

One for you Rob, no ;-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubbchimera.com
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.

PostSubject: Re: New blood super seminar - 7th december   New blood super seminar - 7th december Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:37 pm

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! can't wait for this!

I was going with Lee anyway - but then I heard "Awesome" was taking the place of Turnbull. How cool is that???? Smile Can't wait to meet the guy!

Sorry, getting a bit over excited there.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com
Jamie Clubb
Snr Member
Jamie Clubb

Humor : Groucho Marx, Tony Hancock, Bill Cosby, Billy Connolly, Paul Merton, Ricky Gervais

PostSubject: Re: New blood super seminar - 7th december   New blood super seminar - 7th december Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:24 pm

John is bloody brilliant. You will not be disappointed. I still have the footage of him privately training me three years ago if his career really take off - which it certainly deserves to do.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

PostSubject: Re: New blood super seminar - 7th december   New blood super seminar - 7th december Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:34 pm

A couple of Lee's lads have trained with him (I'm so jealous!!!) and they said he was absolutely amazing. I really hope he comes over here for a seminar - I'd love to see what their reaction would be. One of awe and amazement I'm sure! Very Happy

Do you know if he has any plans to put any DVDs out at all?
Back to top Go down
Jamie Clubb
Snr Member
Jamie Clubb

PostSubject: Re: New blood super seminar - 7th december   New blood super seminar - 7th december Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 12:27 pm

John remains a frustatingly low profile coach. He is completely outside the world of martial arts, which makes him great to listen to. Matty has done a brilliant job in bringing him into the regular classes.

John Anderson and Dennis Jones are two of the most criminally under-rated self defence coaches I have ever met. Both seem to have little aspirations in the martial arts world and yet they have a wealth of uncorrupted knowledge to offer.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

PostSubject: Re: New blood super seminar - 7th december   New blood super seminar - 7th december Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:51 pm

Aye, I see what you mean.... Fingers crossed that Awesome will release something at some point. But at least he's out of the loop of that very childish politics. I'd also agree those guys are some of the best around (from what I've seen and heard).

I saw a lot of people turn on Geoff Thompson - which I thought was very unfair Sad. That said, I just ignore crap like that when I hear it.

Weather the naysayers admit it or not, it's just sheer jealousy.
Back to top Go down
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: New blood super seminar - 7th december   New blood super seminar - 7th december Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:40 pm

Rob,

with ref: to G.T.,

I have read a few posts by these naysayers and feel to a certain degree they do have a point. I know very little about seminars but charging 1K for 6 sundays is excessive for a self defence course.

However I felt these guys were missing vital points.

1. It was not advertised to my knowledge as a self defence course. That was part of it but also there was Geoff's personal philosophy and motivation thrown in the mix.

2. 1K is not excessive if you are acknowledged Martial artist to Geoff's level.

3. I have seen with Craig Galvin, that created his own forum afer attending Geoff's masterclass, Geoff can open doors for networking, its hard to put a price on that I feel.

4. The naysayers did not seem to be top names in the industry, rather as you say, jealous of his success.

5. It's a free market! If it was too expensive people would not attend. If it was crap, people like craig would not go back for seconds.

6. I believe it was 6 hours tuition over 6 day, 36 hours total. That means actual cost was a little under £30 an hour for tuition from one o the best in reality self protection in the UK, Thats cheap to me.

I cant add much more as im not in the MA loop and havent attended the class, but f you did attend and did what Craig did, use it to max advantage, thats bloody cheap. Smile

Regards,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

PostSubject: Re: New blood super seminar - 7th december   New blood super seminar - 7th december Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Very well put Den! Great post!

Last edited by Rob on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Craig
Jnr Member

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: New blood super seminar - 7th december   New blood super seminar - 7th december Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:30 pm

Hey Den

Thanks for the kind words mate. There is not a lot more I feel I can add to your post. I was lucky enough to get onto the course, and you are indeed right it is advertised as a self defence course. but one in which you not only use physical skills to bring out what you feel inside, harnass the fear everyone feels before class. but also to expand on your own personal world and goals.

When you break the cost down it does indeed come in around the £30 mark, and for someone of Geoffs calibre it is worth every penny. I know Jamie has been on the course as he was on the first one in which I attended. It is true I have made some great friends from the classes and ones which I had only read about before in magazines and who are willing to share their knowledge to help expand you as a person and take your skills be it physical or not to another level.

It is easy for people to say this or that, but without attending a class, a seminar or even looking into it, does this really give credibility to such opinions. we are a species who are capable of making informed decisions and I have heard no one come away from Geoffs class with a negative opinion, unless you count it not running for longer a bad thing?

I am putting into practice what I have learned, and also what I have found out from myself and searching inside. anything is indeed possible, but if you sit long enough with ideas to do something and listen to all the hype how long will it be before you talk yourself out of something you really want to do?

Learning the physical arts is a great way to not only get fit but expand your mind, your dreams, and unlock that which is inside you which will ultimately guide you to where you want to be.

Peace

Craig
Back to top Go down
http://selfdefence.darkbb.com/index.htm
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

PostSubject: Re: New blood super seminar - 7th december   New blood super seminar - 7th december Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:43 pm

Sorry Den... I meant to actually thank you for that post! But I put in Jamie's name by accident.Embarassed Sorry about that.

Nice post there too Craig.

Geoff's the man as far as I'm concerned, don't care what anyone says. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New blood super seminar - 7th december   New blood super seminar - 7th december Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New blood super seminar - 7th december
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Undercover Sceptic :: Scepticism :: Martial arts-
Jump to: