Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jamie who's had the most influence on your own training?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Jamie who's had the most influence on your own training? Empty
PostSubject: Jamie who's had the most influence on your own training?   Jamie who's had the most influence on your own training? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:29 pm

Which are the instructors you rate the most?

Cheers,

R.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Jamie who's had the most influence on your own training?   Jamie who's had the most influence on your own training? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:13 pm

Hope youre not trying to pre - empt the BoCafe here Rob Smile

Den.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.

PostSubject: Re: Jamie who's had the most influence on your own training?   Jamie who's had the most influence on your own training? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:49 am

I'll try not to Den. Wink

R.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com
Jamie Clubb
Snr Member
Jamie Clubb

Male Number of posts : 296
Job/hobbies : Coach/Writer
Humor : Groucho Marx, Tony Hancock, Bill Cosby, Billy Connolly, Paul Merton, Ricky Gervais

PostSubject: Re: Jamie who's had the most influence on your own training?   Jamie who's had the most influence on your own training? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 9:35 pm

Yes he is, I would watch him. It is all a conspiracy ;-) Sorry I've not been on here recently. I've been kind of busy being a first Dad! We're only a little community at the moment, so I don't think that piece of private information or what Rob is asking will hurt.

Geoff was the instructor who had as much influence on me as Bruce Lee had on his generation of martial artists. He, and a bloody nose, inspired me to take the path in martial arts I still walk. As for the others it is very difficult to say. I rate several: Mo Teague, Iain Abernethy and Dennis Jones are all great teachers and friends. However, none of them are my regular teachers, more like advisors. I am affiliated to Mo's World Combat Arts and always do my best to uphold our very similar ideals. Iain and I have an uncannily similar view on martial arts, despite coming from very different backgrounds. Dennis is the analyser. We often have very lengthy chats that strip back all the martial arts and discuss the real matters at hand: namely people. Dennis also has a mathematical mind, which is helpful as I don't!

I hate to sound biased, but I have yet to train with one of Geoff's top coaches and not been impressed by their area of expertise. Matty was my first genuine coach in the Real Combat Method and he was a great teacher. Not only was he patient and very experienced, but he also had a very sceptical approach. I haven't ever had a coach that questioned me as much about points as Matty. I guess this constantly challenging approach might have had a latent influence on me. Tony is a real gent and really pushed me further to look into the "soft skills" area of self defence. Again, he has tremendous patience and offered great support whenever I needed it. Tony is a rare gem and represents the good side counselling, life coaching etc. I have only done a bit of training with Al Peasland during my times training on Geoff's courses and seminars, but he is a remarkably intelligent coach who is holding the torch the whole "Fence" concept very confidentally. Richard Barnes is my webmaster and sometime assistant coach with my children's classes. It is through Richard that I was able to develop my children's programmes and point them in the direction I am happy with today.

I could go on all day with this. It might be better for you to throw an instructor at me and I will give you my views.

Last edited by Jamie Clubb on Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added in more coaches after longer consideration)
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubbchimera.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jamie who's had the most influence on your own training?   Jamie who's had the most influence on your own training? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jamie who's had the most influence on your own training?
Page 1 of 1