Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skepticism giving credit where it's not due....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Skepticism giving credit where it's not due.... Empty
PostSubject: Skepticism giving credit where it's not due....   Skepticism giving credit where it's not due.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Do you think that very prominent skeptics lend a certain amount of "credibility", to a lot of the junk nonsense that's out there.

Do they draw too much attention to it? Or do they, by spend so much time trying to debunk it - it adds new troofers to the cause, and cements the old ones?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Skepticism giving credit where it's not due....   Skepticism giving credit where it's not due.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:14 pm

Absolutely,

I try not to debunk rather just push the science out there, im guilty of this myself by adding links to ghostbuster sites to show how cognitive bias is rife, this allowsothers to find them.

As noted on the link 'sceptical tools' its sceptics that show others where these troofers are!

Regards,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.

PostSubject: Re: Skepticism giving credit where it's not due....   Skepticism giving credit where it's not due.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:51 pm

I'm guilty too... I guess all skeptics are in a way.

But it's going to stop me, I feel it's important an need to be done. - even for my own sanity.... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com
Jamie Clubb
Snr Member
Jamie Clubb

Male Number of posts : 296
Job/hobbies : Coach/Writer
Humor : Groucho Marx, Tony Hancock, Bill Cosby, Billy Connolly, Paul Merton, Ricky Gervais

PostSubject: Re: Skepticism giving credit where it's not due....   Skepticism giving credit where it's not due.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:26 pm

They borrow our phrases too and try to apply our arguments to fight their causes - f*&king con-theos do this all the time and pseudoscientists drive scientists mad for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubbchimera.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skepticism giving credit where it's not due....   Skepticism giving credit where it's not due.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skepticism giving credit where it's not due....
Page 1 of 1