Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

UFO's could reach Earth!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
undercover sceptic
Admin

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: UFO's could reach Earth!   Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:44 am

Listening to one of the many sceptical podcasts I have been bombarding myself with this weekend was an interesting article about how fast we can travel in space.

I was already aware that due to laws of physics we cannot travel faster than the speed of light, therefore the chance of reaching a planet outside our solar system is pretty negligible at the moment.

However Star Trek may have the answer - warp speed.

Warp speed does not mean the craft is travelling faster than the speed of light, rather space time is wrapped and folded meaning space in front, behind and around you is travelling faster than the speed of light, sort of you are stationary and space is oving around you.

Not the best way to describe it and cant recall which podcast, soooooo many in 2 days.

Thats the principle anyway and since there seems to be a general agreeent that alien life could be far technologically advanced to us, it does open reasonable doubt that alien life could visit earth! bounce

Something to think about any way.

Regards,

Den.

MY BLOG PAGE
Back to top Go down
View user profile

UFO's could reach Earth!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1