Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ID IN SCHOOLS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

ID IN SCHOOLS Empty
PostSubject: ID IN SCHOOLS   ID IN SCHOOLS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:10 pm

I wonder what are peoples opinions of Intelligent Design being taught in schools alongside Darwins 'Theory of Evolution'

Bearing in mind one is based entirely upon a belief system, the other on scientific evidence.

Is it right school teachers should spend as much time educating our children on a belief system as they do teaching our children Science?

Your opinions are welcomed.

Regards,

Den.
Back to top Go down
wolves_skeptic
Jnr Member

Male Number of posts : 20
Job/hobbies : Boring IT stuff
Humor : Bill Hicks, Simon Amstell... anything biting really.
Registration date : 2008-08-27

ID IN SCHOOLS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID IN SCHOOLS   ID IN SCHOOLS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:54 am

Fortunately I am fairly certain that ID is not taught in British Schools. In fact, on a similar note when the makers of "An Alternative Truth" sent copies to every school the British government stepped in and stopped it being shown unless the pupils were told about the scientific errors in it.

However, in America there is an issue with ID in schools and many people trying to bring in this religious dogma by stealth without even using the word "religion".

I believe that ID has a place in schools and that's in Religious Education classes. However, it should always stay out of the science classroom. Science classrooms are for science not religion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

ID IN SCHOOLS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID IN SCHOOLS   ID IN SCHOOLS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:45 pm

As ID cannot be proven or tested scientifically it should not, as you said, be in any science class.

Luckily it has not really penetrated the British Isles. In fact, it would be laughed out of it if they ever tried it over here in Ireland.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com
Sponsored content

ID IN SCHOOLS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID IN SCHOOLS   ID IN SCHOOLS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ID IN SCHOOLS
Page 1 of 1